<A powerful sensory processing resource can change your life>
This post contains affiliate links.
Do you remember when you first started using Pinterest? Really using it on a daily basis?
Discovering Pinterest literally changed my life. All of a sudden I was:
- A cook with tons of healthy and fresh recipes
- A DIY ninja who could change my own electric outlets (Yes, I did that!)
- A budget-diva who could wear thirty different outfits using only ten pieces of clothing that were already in my closet
Not to mention the TONS of awesome OT activities and hacks I discovered, pinned, and started to use every day as an OT.
A resource like that is worth a million bucks.
I FOUND ANOTHER ONE… A Sensory Processing Resource.
Yep, it’s true. As good as Pinterest. This will make you a more understanding parent. And a more empathetic therapist. And an adult who generally has awesome ways of helping their kids with Sensory Processing issues. Which, BTW, is also worth a million bucks.
I’d like to introduce you to Sensory Processing 101 – the must-have Sensory Processing Resource.
Here’s why this book is a game changer for parents, teachers, and therapists.
10 REASONS this book is a MUST-HAVE SENSORY PROCESSING RESOURCE
- Cheat sheets for each sensory system. They list avoiding or seeking behaviors and quick activities to try
- A comprehensive, easy to understand breakdown of each sensory system – from a parent’s point of view AND a therapist’s perspective
- Common myths about sensory processing- busted!
- Index by behavior – find exactly what you are looking for!
- Reproducible, easy-to-read sensory checklists, teacher handouts, quick reference guides and supply lists for each system
- “Red flag behaviors” for each system
- Recipes for simple and fun non-food sensory play
- Recipes for healthy smoothies- Did you know that sucking is an organizing sensory activity that helps increase attention?
- Signs that your child’s behavior is more than “just a phase”
- Tips for moving beyond “just a phase” to get the help you need
No offense intended to the Pin-aholics out there- I’m with you, believe me.
But a sensory resource like this is just as powerful.
It should be on every therapist’s bookshelf.
And it’s a game-changer for parents, too!
My personal favorite features are the reproducible “cheat sheets” with quick and easy suggestions for sensory activities. It’s so helpful to hand a teacher a page of suggestions that they can immediately implement in the classroom.
It makes ME a go-to resource for teachers, which is one my personal goals.
Want to learn more about Sensory Processing?
Check out this MiniCourse – and Get $5 dollars off with Promo Code: 5offmissj
This mini-course provides a great starting point by eliminating the questions and confusion about sensory processing so that yu can truly begin to understand the role sensory plays in your child’s life.
The content is easily delivered through 3 pdf’s and accompanying videos, along with an incredibly useful workbook. All these explain the sensory system, how it functions, and how it affects your child. In this mini-course, you’ll learn:
1. Which Actions are Linked to Sensory and Why They Happen
2. What Sensory Processing is…
3. How to Tell if it’s Sensory or If it’s Behavior
4. An Overview of Each Sense
5. How to Start Addressing the Sensory Needs Effectively
Don’t Forget to Use Your Promo Code to Get $5 dollars off: 5offmissj